[SOLVED] Honeywell CM927 LCD screen fail - common? (2023 Update)

replying to Graham., noelsparty98 wrote: I've had the same issue, but your advice worked wonderfully. Thank you.

Reply to
noelsparty98

replying to Mark Dalzell, LOU JANE wrote: It just worked on mine too. Thank you!

Reply to
LOU JANE

replying to Phil, Mick wrote: Used this hair dryer method on my Honeywell CM921 programmer when the display broke up. The unit is 9 1/2 years old but the display was restored perfectly. Many thanks. Regards

Reply to
Mick

replying to Phil, Rachel wrote: This is a brilliant hack and my thermostat is now back up and running. Thank you Phil.

Reply to
Rachel

replying to Graham., CHARLES JACKSON wrote: the display is now ok however the backlight is now on all the time even when off any suggestions

Reply to
CHARLES JACKSON

Such erudition from homewankers hub

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

replying to Phil, Barney wrote: Thanks very much. This worked for mine.

Reply to
Barney

Thanks for this. The battery on our wireless thermostat ran out during the summer and when we replaced the batteries we had exactly this issue. Took it apart and did exactly this, using a hairdryer. I had to do this 4/5 times, each time putting it back together and loading the batteries, each time more of the display started to show until the whole display worked.

Great hack!

Reply to
rosscrook1983

replying to myrtle, Daeths wrote: Hi my unit just failed too. Stripped down as described. The trickiest bit for me was removing the actual lcd from the perspective cover. Gently prized it out. ?Unfolded? the lcd from board with the ribbon being the hinge in the middle. 15 second v hot burst with hair dryer then I used the round edge of the plastic battery cover to gently push down the ribbon on both sides as near to the screen or Baird as possible. Do not move for 30 seconds to allow to cool. Reassemble. Job done. Many thanks to all. 15 minute very easy job even for a a diy novice like me

Reply to
Daeths

replying to Phil, Alice Stanley wrote: Phil you're a star, thanks to your info plus a couple of YouTube videos my central heating controller is now working perfectly again. Thank you!

Reply to
Alice Stanley

replying to B, Patel wrote: They told me same so I left bad reviews on trustpilot, I never expected big companies like Honeywell can conning people like us

Reply to
Patel
*BRILLIANT - thanks Phil. Last time it cost £13.50 to repair which is not bad but lasted less than a year. 15 minutes fiddling is worth it.*
Reply to
AWM

replying to Phil, Parksy wrote: Achieving legendary status! Fix still works! Have a 10 year old CM927 losing digits! Still worked on auto so didn't bother fixing! Got fed up with not knowing room temp so gave it the hairdryer treatment and bingo!! Full display!!! Woop wooop! Give that man a medal!

Reply to
Parksy

Omg it worked! Whoever posted this is a genius! My display was almost blank with and now it’s totally working! Saved me £93!

Reply to
steve

I do wish you could post the original advice. I do remember it, form some years ago, and yes there did seem to be a lot of them with the problem. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

It's been reposted on the wiki:

Mathew Newton

Yes, mine's driving me crazy. Still usable, initially, - as yours - but has now completely died, so central heating not working. Help!

Reply to
lynn

Hello, very helpful ,worked for me thank you

Reply to
Reusewhereyoucan

I got a guy on eBay to replair mine. Cost £15. Free 0&o and no charge if he couldn’t repair it. No brainer!

Reply to
Rachel S

I strong recommend you read this before you reply again to to a 5 year old post:

Most of us will have absolutely no idea what was helpful

Reply to
Fredxx