[SOLVED] Honeywell CM927 LCD screen fail - common? (2023 Update)

replying to Phil, Jason wrote: Hi Phil My Honeywell CM927 has a completely dead screen, tried replacing the batteries with no luck. I now wonder if just the screen and it is still working ( as summer not yet sure ). I will try pressing screen as nothing to lose and then maybe taking apart tonight. Annoying as only 2 years old and costs £90 to replace, I will switch to another brand if this does not work as cannot afford £90 every two years!

Reply to
Jason

Just had a similar problem with a 3-year-old Honeywell ST9100C1006 Single Channel 7-Day Timeswitch.

Found new one on Amazon for £50+ and was simple to replace the main component with the new one, which clipped on to the base wiring frame on the wall.

The CM927 looks a more expensive system, though. Good hunting!

Reply to
Maurice

replying to Fraser, Michelle wrote: Thank you so much for these picture, Fraser. I'm not great at things like this but budget necessitated I gave it a go and it has worked like a dream. Thanks again.

Reply to
Michelle

Phil , you are a star - just tried your method and working like a dream - cheers

Reply to
Stephen Horner

replying to Phil, Stephen Hill wrote: What fantastic advice!!!. Perhaps do not completely reassemble after trying to see if it has worked. Many thanks.

Reply to
Stephen Hill

replying to Phil, Chris B wrote: Fantastic... disassembling the unit (CM921) , heating the ribbon cable and applying some gentle pressure, the reassembling the unit, and voila, LCD back in perfect working order! Many thanks!!

Reply to
Chris B

replying to David, Rita Ellis wrote: Hi everyone I'm new here, trying to repair blank screen now I have new problem. Battery holders fell out of their place and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to put them back. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks a million.

Reply to
Rita Ellis

replying to Phil, Geoff M wrote: Phil, thank you very much for posting this easy fix solution. Had the same problem and was almost on the verge of spending £90 for a replacement unit when I thought I'd just give Google a go! It took me less than 10 mins and working a treat. Be interesting to see how long it lasts. Thanks again.

Geoff M

Reply to
Geoff M

replying to Phil, Lino wrote: Hi, just tried this fix on my thermostat that has had a blank screen for the past year! Brilliant! Just the job, thank you for posting!

Reply to
Lino

replying to Phil, Kate wrote: Thank you so much for posting this fix - the LCD on my Honeywell wireless thermostat had all but disappeared. I followed your instructions - blasted my hairdryer on it reassembled the unit and it's now working fine - you've just saved me over £100!

Reply to
Kate

replying to Phil, Tim wrote: Phil - I think you might be some kind of wizard! Thanks for saving us £90 on a replacement!

Reply to
Tim

replying to Fraser, RachaelPadman wrote: My thanks as well -- I have fixed a CM907, which seems to have the same display, using this method. The only thing I'd add is that most of the "thick white pad" is perspex and I think is the backlight for the display. The real issue is the thin white plastic sheet between it and the circuit board. You can't take off the backlight completely, since it's soldered to the board, but you can lift it up from one end enough to get at the plastic film and reset that by itself. Interestingly I've recently had the same issue with an old laptop display. Does this mean that the ribbon cable is not actually soldered to the board, but simply held in place by glue?

Reply to
RachaelPadman

replying to Phil, kowloontiger wrote: Thank you so much for this. Decided to try it as I had nothing to lose. Worked like a dream and saved me over £100 having to buy a new one :) :)

Reply to
kowloontiger

Its good to see some newcomers but can we have a bit of quoting and context here?

This might assist you with posting to a newsgroup, albeit through a website:

- If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just enough text of the original to give a context.

Reply to
Fredxxx

replying to Fraser, chimpanzeeman wrote: Hi. Followed the advice for my blank CM927 screen by heating up the ribbon. it took two attempts but now works perfectly. Thank you so much!

Reply to
chimpanzeeman

replying to Phil, chimpanzeeman wrote: Hi. Followed the advice for my blank CM927 screen by heating up the ribbon. it took two attempts but now works perfectly. Thank you so much!

Reply to
chimpanzeeman

replying to David, jv wrote: yes mine has just gone the lcd is unreadable but I can stillswitch the heating on and off manually

Reply to
jv

replying to Phil, Tony G wrote: Thanks Phil, this fix worked perfectly.

Reply to
Tony G

replying to Phil, Emma wrote: Wow !!! It really works ?? Thankyou so much

Reply to
Emma

replying to Phil, Al Sacco wrote: My display on the CM927 had characters missing on the display and after reading your post and after some scepticism I had nothing to lose. I tried the suggestion above with a hair dryer and it worked a treat. Thanks Phil, you saved me £100.

Reply to
Al Sacco