[SOLVED] Honeywell CM927 LCD screen fail - common? (2023 Update)

replying to Phil, Joe wrote: Worked a treat Phil

Reply to
Joe

Since this seems to be the HoH thread that keeps on giving, maybe it deserves a wiki article, after all is shows plenty of people willing to fix their own stuff.

John, would you be against 'lifting' the accompanying photos?

Reply to
Andy Burns

replying to Joe, Joe wrote: Only worked for about 24 hours. Characters missing again

Reply to
Joe

replying to Albert, Carl F wrote: Wanted to say a quick thanks. A great tip!

Reply to
Carl F

replying to Phil, Paul wrote: Thanks so much. I used a toaster as I don't have a hair dryer. LCD Fully restored after repeating the heating and pressing a half dozen times. Each time, I noticed a slight improvement which encouraged me to keep trying. I think that in my case the ribbon was also loose on the LCD side. Not sure, but I kept pressing both sides (pcb and lcd).

Reply to
Paul

replying to Phil, Mike A wrote: Hi Phil Your solution to this problem worked exactly as you said. Thanks for saving me over £100 Mike A

Reply to
Mike A

Check this video out it worked straight away for me. My model is a wireless but the screens are the same. If the link doesn't work it's

Handy Hawkins you tube

Reply to
Jon

replying to Phil, Des Bradley wrote: Great info. I tried this a couple of times without prising the white board off the circuit board and it didn't work. But when I prised it away a bit ( and kept it open with a match) it all worked fine. The other thing for amateurs like me is that to open the thing up requires using a screw driver in the area that the batteries have been taken out of. If you look closely you will see a 2 screwdriver diagrams pointing where to prise the back from the front. Like everyone else on this thread, I am delighted to have got so more time for this unit.

Reply to
Des Bradley

replying to Phil, Kassythorn wrote: You're a genius! Worked on the fourth attempt. Thank you, you've saved me a few precious quid.?

Reply to
Kassythorn

replying to Phil, arthur elevey wrote: Hi Phil, many thanks for your fix, repaired it today and working fine. Thanks again

Reply to
arthur elevey

replying to David, Bigfella wrote: Having the same problem with mine, some of the digital readings are missing.

Reply to
Bigfella

I tried this fix last week and it's still working fine, hopefully it'll continue to do so. Many thanks for the info, saved us a lot of money.

Reply to
johnmillbrook

replying to David, Alan wrote: I have had mine four years and now comes up with internal error with temp set at

-24. will no switch off so had to turn off manually

Reply to
Alan

replying to Phil, stevie wrote: Hi Phil and thanks for the tip. I've just done a repair which worked perfectly. The prospect of fitting a new control and receiver would be daunting, expensive and unnecessary. There's a film on You-Tube which takes you through the process and is helpful too. See

stevie

replying to David, Phil Prangnell wrote: Tried Graham?s remedy first as requires no real effort or stripping of unit but this did not work. Was a bit worried about stripping unit out as suggested by phil but as the unit was unusable as it was I thought that I had nothing to loose so I ha be it a try. Simple operation and now unit working well. Thanks guys.

Reply to
Phil Prangnell

replying to David, Ianblack17 wrote: Hi my temperature up button only works with effort. Any ideas?

Reply to
Ianblack17

replying to Phil, Kenpage72 wrote: This totally worked on my cm927!!! The plastic release clips are inside battery compartment, may need to pry round edges with screwdriver to release, careful not to dislodge components near join. I grounded myself regularly on unpainted central heating pipes while working inside the box. Used hairdryer 5 min sessions, pressing ribbon down onto metallic contacts on board with fingers and flat of screwdriver after one. V happy, thanks for advice.

Reply to
Kenpage72

replying to Phil, Kenpage72 wrote: This totally worked on my cm927!!! The plastic release clips are inside battery compartment, may need to pry round edges with screwdriver to release, careful not to dislodge components near join. I grounded myself regularly on unpainted central heating pipes while working inside the box. Used hairdryer 5 min sessions, pressing ribbon down onto metallic contacts on board with fingers and flat of screwdriver after one. V happy, thanks for advice.

Reply to
Kenpage72

replying to Phil, Kenpage72 wrote: Great, worked a treat. Clips to open plastic case are concealed inside battery compartment. I also carefully pried it open with a small screwdriver.