Homeserve insurance for drainage problems

Anyone have experience of claiming against Homeserve insurance in respect of collapsed sewer/drains?. I'll explain why I'm asking later

- it'll be worth it!

Reply to
Homer2911

I don't know about Homeserve in particular, but generally, it depends why the sewer collapsed. If it was just old age, then it's not likely to be covered as it would come under general maintenance which insurance doesn't cover (unless it was a special feature of that particular policy). If there was some specific reason it got damaged such as a JCB bucket hitting it, then it might be covered.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

This is a specific policy covering drainage, and the fact of cover is not the issue.

I would like to know of anyone with experience of claims against such a policy with Homeserve

Reply to
Homer2911

go on tell us how it got damaged??

Reply to
Oliver

Yes - Homeservice via Severn Trent Water (is this the same thing?) First claim (blocked rainwater drain) wasn't covered - fair enough Second claim for fault with plumbing in cistern for loo. Emergenc plumber came out within the hour & fixed (excellent). Third claim nightmare. Leaking joint at base of cast iron soil pipe (underground previously excavated to confirm leak/fractured joint). Inspection b Homeservice concluded I'd deliberately damaged it myself (why...?). I the end, wrote to the FOS who referred it to the underwriters of th policy (think it was Axa) who agreed there was no evidence I ha damaged it deliberately & told Homeservice to deal with the claim. Ha my own contractor do it - took Homeservice weeks to pay

-- Pufter

Reply to
Pufter