Holding spectacle frame screws

Yeah, particularly with tweezers.

Spose so when used with watches and clocks. Easy enough to magnetise them now that its know to work well from Bob.

Reply to
samchunk

Along the lines of Blutac etc. that 'hi-tec snot' used to glue together the edges of mailshots or, once upon a time, CDs to mags., works well - a bit stickier than Blutac with less pressing in needed. It can be rolled off of the paper to form a nice little bogey.

Reply to
PeterC

Yeah, forgot about that stuff. I usually get it on replacement credit/debit cards now. Thanks for that.

Reply to
samchunk

In message , Bob Eager writes

I find that a magnetised screwdriver usually has the wrong polarity for the screw (or for the thing the screw is to be screwed into, if it is metal) - and this results in the screw aligning itself at a jaunty angle to the desired direction!

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Why can't you just magnetise the screwdriver the other way around ?

Reply to
samchunk

In message , samchunk writes

First you need to have a suitable magnet about your person.

If you DO re-magnetise the screwdriver, next time you use it Sod's law dictates that it will again be 'the wrong way round'.

Reply to
Ian Jackson