Hive central heating controller - one channel or two

Mine are more unpredictable than that. Last night I went for an unscheduled drink for example - got back at 8.00, set the heating just before I left the pub.

Of course, I accept it's not for everyone, and I'd concede an element of frivolousness. Even I can wait 20 minutes while the house warms. For me it's probably more expensive in gas, given my tendency now to preheat the house.

It's there in the shops, I can afford it, it is of some use and I get some enjoyment out of using it, so I've got it. Should I? Dunno.

Reply to
RJH

Snag is this place takes quite a time to come up to temperature. With no-one else in the house I have it switched off during the day. So it needs a couple of hours to come up to what I want on a cold evening.

That is perfectly acceptable. It's those who say 'this is what you need' without knowing anything about you that annoy. Like those bloody ads on the telly. And some on here, of course.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

DynDNS host names are still free, if you sign up for an account with

and submit the MAC and S/N of any old D-Link router.

You can then use your credentials to

and even add a .dyndns host to your account.

It's amazing the angles that some eBayers photograph their routers.

Not suggesting anything, just saying.

Reply to
Graham.

They still are by and large...