Hi everyone, and my first question

Greetings y'all,
Just a gal called Millie DuBois here, chewin' on some cud and
wonderin'.....
What is the best wood with which to build a shed? My use-less husband
keeps on promising to build me one, but it just isn't happening - so I
need your help! Ugh, it's shaping up to be a difficult job.....
Speak soon,
Millie
xoxo
(Hope I'm well-come, by the way)
Reply to
millie_dubois
Greetings y'all,
Just a gal called Millie DuBois here, chewin' on some cud and wonderin'.....
What is the best wood with which to build a shed? My use-less husband keeps on promising to build me one, but it just isn't happening - so I need your help! Ugh, it's shaping up to be a difficult job.....
Speak soon,
Millie xoxo
(Hope I'm well-come, by the way)
Reply to
millie_dubois
On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 03:14:37 -0800 (PST), millie snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk wrote:
Which country are you posting from? The terminology may differ.
Probably as easy to buy a ready-prepared shed, just have to assemble it on site. Lots of things to think about, how many windows, single or double door, do you want it insulated? Then there's getting a decent base laid for it.
Good luck!
Reply to
The Wanderer
Just as a starting points have a quick look here, and see if you can actually get all the raw materials for the sort of prices they are asking:
Reply to
Cod Roe
Hi
Ordinary sawn softwood timber is fine for the framing, then clad in either feather edge or shiplap.
Cheapest solution would be a ready made one - just screw the panels together. If you want more akin to a real timber frame building rather than just something to store the mower in, and want to build from scratch you might get some ideas from the one I did:
Reply to
John Rumm
Oak is probably the best, but people normally use the cheapest adequate wood, which is pressure treated softwood.
You may find this page a useful intro, it discusses several of the question you'll need to ask yourself:
Reply to
meow2222

Site Timeline Threads

  • site's last updated in