Question....Customer just called asking about Jet fuel

for in an oil furnace. This person selling it says it is OK for oil furnaces and has the same BTU content as Fuel oil WHAT SAY all of YOU

Reply to
daytona°

JP5 will work just fine with a little fuel/air mix adjustment. It has a flash point of roughly 150 degrees, dame as #2 diesel. That was all we used on the CG high endurance cutters....main diesels, generators, small boats, boilers, etc. FWIW, when we got a load of #2 diesel, we had to punch the carbon out of the tubes in the boilers every 3 or 4 days, with JP5, it only had to be done every month or 2.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Thanks Noon This customer says he can get the fuel at $2.00 per gal...so all he sees is the $$$$ signs

Reply to
daytona°

Reply to
Bubba