Here we go then ! Finally opening on Monday ....

My counter is finished. The plumbing is finished. The unvented water heater installed with its expansion loop as discussed last week, and that all works fine. The Plumbco macerator (discussed here a few weeks ago) is a good quality unit at half the price of the equivalent Saniflo, and works absolutely hunky dory at shifting the grey water from the prep sink over the door and round the back room, to the bog. Electrics all sorted, once we threw the original guy off the job, and got a 'proper' sparks on the case. Floor done. Extraction installed. Burgers sourced and tested. Chip fryers wired and working per the way we figured it on here, after a couple of false starts with the way the labels on the backs implied they should be wired. Much local buzz, so we're hopeful of a successful launch Monday night.

Can I just express my thanks to all on here who have sent their good wishes for the success of the place, and for all the invaluable and freely given help and advice on all the aspects that I have asked for help on. Good to know that I'm not the last of the helpful people in this world ... :-)

Finally, for those who wanted to see some piccies, the website is not really finished yet. However, my daughter has a Facebook entry for it where you can see photos. I don't really understand all this Facebook stuff, but she assures me that you will be able to see it all if you go here :

is some fairly good photos of the counter I built. I think it looks quite impressive, but then, I would, wouldn't I ? :-))

The website is

If anyone's up this way of an evening, pop in and try a burger and shake. Tell 'em you're a friend of Arfa's on the 'net. Daughter will probably charge you double for admitting that, though ....

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

If I pass I will have "The Bacon Blue".

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Best of luck with it, maybe Revd will pop in a help a little.

Reply to
brass monkey

In message , brass monkey writes

Maybe I'm going blind? It might be an idea to say what town it's in on the website? I could only see a postcode. NN Nottingham? Northampton? Not Nown?

Reply to
Bill

All the very best...

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message , Arfa Daily wrote

Is it the doughnut shop for the local police force?

The customer facing side looks very dated and down market. It doesn't create a good first impression.

Reply to
Alan

Good luck - but 2 tiny points:

a. the webiste only mentioned "Glasgow salad" as included with burgers - not good *if* you are minded to attract those looking for burger + "double salad"; and b. the PDF of the menu (i) was not searchable (or at least, wasn't for me in Acrobat Pro 7) and (ii) didn't give the address.

Reply to
Robin

Not sure I agree - I think they're doing for a 'retro' feel, in which case it's not a bad job.

Don't agree with the current preoccupation with unnecessary glitz on websites (which only slows the pages down)

- people going there are looking for a burger, not an art gallery.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

Nice site. It tells you almost everything.

Except where the place actually is.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Good luck with that. Yum!

I have no facebook account so can't see those pix, it would seem.

This is very good and I look forward to seeing feedback posted by some denizens of this ng. Could I suggest adding the opening hours to the home page (I see they're on the menu).

Unfortunately you're a long way from Canterbury :-( But then many places are and I'll see if SWMBO can be persuaded to take it in some time.

Reply to
Tim Streater

However, my daughter has a Facebook entry for it where you can

to facebook. No thanks.

Reply to
Tahi

It's a Burger and Shake PDF menu with 2 pages, not BS 7671. How searchable do you need it to be:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Good luck, Arfa - fingers crossed for you.

Reply to
Zapp Brannigan

Good luck with it, are you in the left hand unit(s) that were boarded up when the google car drove by?

Yes, so long as it's got *a* website, it could probably do with having a better local map than the generic RAC one, and something to point out the quality of ingredients etc, I'm sure someone's got a few improvements in hand ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

And what's a Daim Bar milkshake? Dime Bar perhaps?

Good luck Arfa, the serving area looks really solid and professional.

Reply to
Steve Walker

They *used* to be sold as Dime in the UK, but are now sold as Daim here the same as RoW, dunno if they're still sold as the original Dajm in scandahoovia ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Good point - I agree about the "retro" - looks nice...

But re website, it *is* worth noting that more and more people are looking at this stuff on mobile devices with 320xmumble screens and modem-speed internet connections...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Stick a google map snippet on it...

Reply to
Tim Watts

I was holding out for the corrigendum with the enhanced cheeseburger...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Dave

Reply to