Here we go then ! Finally opening on Monday ....

I thought Google looked inside (searchable) PDFs when doing its thing but I'm probably wrong (over the hill, fit for nowt but the knackers, .....).

Reply to
Robin

'bout two hours away. So probably not!

Incidentally Google Maps says that postcode is Domino's Pizza.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

That's the facebook page, not pictures, so you would need an account. The pictures are in an album, but I don't think you can share a whole album in one go outside facebook either. You can share each picture individually, but only the owner gets told what the URL is to do that, so I can't tell you.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

A few points:

Using the £ symbol in HTML can give odd results sometimes. £ is safer.

The fixed table width makes the information a bit small on my screen and I'm not even using the widescreen monitor.

I would also add Google Webmaster Tools, to track the site useage and to give you information about the platforms people are using to view it.

From the postcode, probably a bit far. However, as others point out, it would help to show the town and maybe even the country. The web is a global medium and, if you do use Google Webmaster Tools, you will be surprised at where some of the hits come from.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Counter looks great, love the 'retro' style & the variety on the menu. Shame I'm too far away!

Good luck.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Well yes, point taken. But really it's a 'local' venture, and everyone round here knows where the basic little map and road name is. Also, the RAC route planner on the website will lead you to it being Wellingborough Northants, if you put your own postcode in ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Oddly, you are the very first person of many who have seen it and been involved, who thinks that the initial impression is "dated and down market". Presumably, you don't understand the concept of 'retro American Diner' ?

Still, no problem - if you don't like it, just stay away.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Right hand unit - the one under the 'peak'. As far as I know, it was never 'boarded up' as such. All of the units have electric roller shutters, though. Originally, it was a single 3k sq ft unit that then had 1k sq ft divided off for another business. The landlord then divided off a further 1k sq ft for us, leaving now, one remaining unit of 1k sq ft, at the far left end.

As for the website, as I said, it's by no means done and dusted yet. I'm sure it will change a lot, before it is properly 'declared' :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

It's a valid point, and I will take it up with the person doing it.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Thanks for the good wishes, and no, it *is* "Daim". They used to be called "Dime" bars a few years back, but then the name suddenly changed. Same product though. A bit like changing Opal Fruits to Starburst and so on. I suppose it made sense to someone somewhere :-)

See

milkshakes are all made using the actual products in their names. Hence a "Daim Bar Milkshake" is exactly that - a milkshake made with Daim bars in it ! We served them in the two cafes that we used to have, for years, and they were very popular.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

As I said to someone else, it's a local place, and all the locals know where that is ! But yes, point taken. We'll get the town name put in. The website is by no means 'ready' yet.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Cheers Tim

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

>> Just to mention that she is wrong. All I get is a page asking me to log in

Understood. I think it is just accepted that everyone has a FaceAche account these days, so she was just assuming that people wanting to look, would have. I've got one that I use for no purpose other than being able to look at stuff like this. She's always on at me to put up 'profile' (??) stuff and to look for old schoolfriends and so on, but I have to admit that I have absolutely no interest in that aspect of it, at all.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Thanks - appreciated :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Yep -there is a Dom's on the same parade of shops !

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

> Unfortunately, not much use to those of us without a facebook account. >

Thanks Colin - all noted. I'll pass it on.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Thanks Dave. Your comments are appreciated !

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

It's something you see on a lot of websites: because the owner of the site knows where his business is, it's awfully easy to overlook the fact that other people don't!

That apart, best of luck with the enterprise.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

The one thing I would change on the website is too add more text. At present, looking at the HTML source it is all script and images. Without text Google wont index it, and many people these days use Google as a substitute for domain name lookup, so if people cant find you by typing your business name (or some half remembered version of it) into Google your are lost.

Reply to
djc

I suspect the success of failure of a burger joint is more likely to be determined by the quality of the nosh and the location, than by its findability on a search engine

Reply to
Andy Burns