Help with Windows (computer not glass ones)

For some reason my usual desktop has disappeared?
It used to sit there nicely with the icons on it I wanted.
Also Thunderbird will only fun on full screen.
There is probably more that I have yet to find out.
--
Adam

On 16/05/2019 18:43, ARW wrote:

I had to install a big security patch today, but my Win7 32 bit PC seems ok.
Did you install any of the latest Updates that appeared today ?.
On 16/05/2019 18:50, Andrew wrote:

I did one a couple of days ago and never really used the computer since.
--
Adam

On 16/05/2019 18:43, ARW wrote:

Which version of Windows?
But if Windows 10 check if you are in Tablet Mode and if so get out of it. That's Settings > System > Tablet Mode top box
Another is to restart Windows Explorer: Ctrl+Shift+Esc for Task Manager, right click Windows Explorer and Restart
--
Robin
On 16/05/2019 19:04, Robin wrote:

Ta very much.
After I spotted the NEW keyboard icon at the bottom I realised you were correct.
Sorted.
--
Adam

You need to say which version of Win before anyone can say much useful.
The flavour of windows in use might be a good bit of info to have. Brian
--
----- --