Apprentice with a tape measure problem

A simple job. I left him in a pub car park to measure the length of two fences for an outside socket.
30 minutes later he came into the pub (where I was fixing the CCTV and not drinking) to tell me that his tape measure was not long enough.
--
Adam

On 16/05/2019 18:30, ARW wrote:

It took him 30 minutes to unwind 3 or 5 metres of tape ??.
You should have given him a Stanley tape measure made for the USA domestic market, and calibrated in Feet and Inches, just for added amusement.
On Thursday, 16 May 2019 18:45:08 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:

He'll be able to measure in inches.
Up to about six, anyway :-)
Owain
On Thursday, 16 May 2019 18:45:08 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:

I'd have given him a vernier calipier and said use this they are far more a ccurate.
Obviously jeremy corbyn thinks this sort of person is worth £10 an hou r.
On Friday, 17 May 2019 12:26:45 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:

our.
But is that compared to Jeremy Corbyn's intellect or his income?
Owain
Did he not have a marker with him then? Brian
--
----- --

The bugger isnt allowed those because he uses those to make snide remarks about what Adam has fucked lately, like his mum.

This is what I say about education though. They give them the facts but not how to apply them or think it through logically themselves. Brian
--
----- --
On 17/05/2019 08:13, Brian Gaff wrote:

That was what University was for, these days its just more facts and no thought.
On 17/05/2019 12:26, dennis@home wrote:

We should have stayed in the trees.
It was a mistake teaching the times tables by rote, they became bankers and accountants ;-(
--
Adrian C

That’s bullshit with the more technical fields and medicine and the law.

Could it be he was winding you up? ;-)
--
*Why isn't there a special name for the back of your knee?

If he is then he is doing a good job. The same useless bastard could not get out of a house last week because "the door was locked". It never occurred to him that the door (like almost every other door in the UK) opened inwards.
--
Adam

On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 6:30:25 PM UTC+1, ARW wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tmlsb/228428783
;-)
On Friday, 17 May 2019 21:43:37 UTC+1, jkn wrote:

We've had the handles removed on all the push doors to stop students pulling them. But then again it is rather silly wasting money putting pull handles on push doors.
whisky-dave wrote:

It's surprising the number of doors that have "pull" signs and handles on them which are, in fact, also pushable.
On 20/05/2019 18:58, Andy Burns wrote:

They just like telling people what to do. Try doing the opposite.
--
Max Demian

On Monday, 20 May 2019 18:58:48 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:

My communal front door has a "push to exit" button to release the maglock, but the actual door is a pull-to-exit.
Owain
On 20/05/2019 21:50, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

Well there's another story. Different apprentice watching me get out of certain building to get the the van. Now the trick is to either drop the door exit break glass or if it's a plastic one to just press it. You just reset the BG when you come back into the building.
He got confused between the green door exit BG and the red fire alarm call point. And the fire alarm was linked to the fire station:-(
--
Adam

On 21/05/2019 19:25, ARW wrote:

Red-green colour blindness is surprisingly common in men... Lots of online tests.
Andy