Dust sheets and apprentice

Thick as f*ck.

A fully refurbished function room and so I dust sheeted up, did my ceiling damage and found the missing cable and asked the brain dead one to clean up.

So he then emptied the dust sheet onto the new flooring and went to look for a sweeping brush.

Reply to
ARW

Fairly sure I've done that.

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

On purpose or by accident?

Reply to
ARW

Sack the recruitment department or the training department, or both. hth

Reply to
AnthonyL

They may well have a problem with anyone any better applying and it wouldn't be easy to eliminate ones that stupid during the selection process.

That's adam. Personally I would watch what the apprentice was doing when he started to do the cleanup and tell him he is doing it wrong if the starts doing the cleanup that stupidly.

Unlikely to.

Reply to
Jock

By accident.

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

How much lead is in his bones?

Does he need more or less?

"The Man Who Accidentally Killed The Most People In History"

Me, I've handled and even eaten a bit of lead since was young, never mind car pollution and soldering fumes. Explains a lot :(

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

ISTR that the same man developed CFCs! To invent one disaster ...; to invent two...!

Reply to
PeterC

Is there a conspiracy to not name him?

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

CFCs made domestic refrigeration workable. That has saved a huge number of lives directly by reducing food poisoning, and lots more by reducing costs. So yeah, no surprise greens think it a bad thing.

Reply to
Animal

Yes but you'd need eyes in the back of your head. These kids can do stupid things very quickly.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Nope.

Still easy to see how he starts the cleanup in that case given that he tipped the crap on the floor from the dust sheet and THEN went looking for a broom to use.

Or you could get real radical and tell him how to do it and make sure that he does it the way you tell him to do it.

Reply to
Jock

On 25/04/2022 03:44, Jock itch, Rod Speed wrote:

Reply to
Richard

Yes, training apprentices, there's a radical thought!

Reply to
mechanic

Reminds me somewhat of the cleaner in the library re-arranging all the books neatly on the shelves by size.

Reply to
AnthonyL

I wobbled with laughing!

Reply to
Adrian TODD

What do you mean, 'Nope' you annoying person? I was replying to the general concept of watching apprentices, not to the specific case Adam mentioned. Please think before you contradict.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

But this isn't a training issue. Training is concerned with the special knowledge required to perform a task. This is simply a matter of sheer common sense. Anyone in employment should come ready-equipped with a smattering at least of common sense. It shouldn't be necessary -- indeed it's probably impossible -- to inculcate common sense.

Adam didn't instruct the boy to not tip the rubbish on the floor because it would never occur to him that the boy could be so lacking in basic common sense. Why should it? These boys are training to be electricians, dealing with hazardous stuff like volts and amps. Anyone so lacking in basic metal capacity as to do what this boy did should never have got the job, instead they should be in a cage somewhere eating bananas.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Common sense comes with usage and experience. That is one purpose of an apprenticeship. Otherwise they would be doing an engineering degree.

Yet common sense could suggest that someone is expected to clean up after them, like mummy. At least he had the sense to look for a brush.

Clearly the apprentice didn't understand what was required. If, after suitable instruction, he does the same again, that would be the time I would probably sack him.

Reply to
Fredxx

I would prefer not to to the arse wiping.

There parents should have taught them how to do that.

Reply to
ARW