What to do with dusty dust sheets

Having shaken the worst of the dust of them, they are still far too dusty to be used to protect anything from dust.
Is there anything useful that can be done with them? Would putting them in the washing mashing hasten the demise of the latter?
They're cotton, by the way.
Daniele
--
Wanted: TEAC A-2300SX, Akai GX-4000D

D.M. Procida wrote:

SWMBO has put mine in the 'washing mashing' (I like that) before now. I always cut a 12 x 9 down into 2 - 6 x 9 though. I don't do jobs big enough to require large dust sheets. Half a sheet washes OK, a full one might be a bit of an overload.
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
On 23 Aug, 21:20, (D.M. Procida) wrote:

On a dry windy day peg 'em out on the line and whack 'em with a carpet beater

I'd quite like a K1200LT and a 3-bedroom house with attached barn, if we're writing letters to Santa.
Owain
On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 21:20:30 +0100, D.M. Procida wrote:

=============================================== Hang them on a clothes line and wash down with a garden hose.
Cic.
Using Ubuntu Linux
D.M. Procida coughed up some electrons that declared:

They should stand washing - worst I would expect is some shrinkage.
Cheers
Tim

It's not the dust sheets I'm worried might get ruined!
What might plaster/cement dust do to a washing machine?
Daniele
--
Wanted: TEAC A-2300SX, Akai GX-4000D

message wrote:

Use a laundrette.
Adam
In article

Take them down the launderette?
--
*Forget the Joneses, I keep us up with the Simpsons.

D.M. Procida coughed up some electrons that declared:

Good point, if they are that bad.
Shake off outside and a quick hose down or rinse in a bucket or bath to shift the worst.
Cheers
Tim
On 24 Aug, 08:11, (D.M. Procida) wrote:

Block the drain Wreck the pump Clog up the water level sensor Hang around the bottom of the drum and give the Mrs a nice load of stonewash bras in the next wash
Couldn't you get a twin-tub for 'garage washing' (and mulled wine at xmas)?
Owain
On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 21:20:30 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@apple-juice.co.uk (D.M. Procida) wrote:

If the dust would come off when they're draped over something, why won't it come off when they're shaken, or hung on a washing line and given a good beating?
We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Laurence Payne

Or just laid out on the driveway and hoovered? Need weighted down, possibly, but with an older beater hoover without the ferocious suction of modern ones it should work.
On 27 Aug, 07:13, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

Be less work to tie them to the roof-rack and go for a short bimble down the motorway.
Owain
saying something like:

Superb!
On a rainy day, the windscreen washers could be filled with neat Fairy Liquid and left to do its work.