What to do with dusty dust sheets

Having shaken the worst of the dust of them, they are still far too dusty to be used to protect anything from dust.

Is there anything useful that can be done with them? Would putting them in the washing mashing hasten the demise of the latter?

They're cotton, by the way.

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

SWMBO has put mine in the 'washing mashing' (I like that) before now. I always cut a 12 x 9 down into 2 - 6 x 9 though. I don't do jobs big enough to require large dust sheets. Half a sheet washes OK, a full one might be a bit of an overload.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

On a dry windy day peg 'em out on the line and whack 'em with a carpet beater

I'd quite like a K1200LT and a 3-bedroom house with attached barn, if we're writing letters to Santa.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Hang them on a clothes line and wash down with a garden hose.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

D.M. Procida coughed up some electrons that declared:

They should stand washing - worst I would expect is some shrinkage.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

It's not the dust sheets I'm worried might get ruined!

What might plaster/cement dust do to a washing machine?

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

Use a laundrette.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Take them down the launderette?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

D.M. Procida coughed up some electrons that declared:

Good point, if they are that bad.

Shake off outside and a quick hose down or rinse in a bucket or bath to shift the worst.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Block the drain Wreck the pump Clog up the water level sensor Hang around the bottom of the drum and give the Mrs a nice load of stonewash bras in the next wash

Couldn't you get a twin-tub for 'garage washing' (and mulled wine at xmas)?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

If the dust would come off when they're draped over something, why won't it come off when they're shaken, or hung on a washing line and given a good beating?

Reply to
Laurence Payne

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Laurence Payne saying something like:

Or just laid out on the driveway and hoovered? Need weighted down, possibly, but with an older beater hoover without the ferocious suction of modern ones it should work.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Be less work to tie them to the roof-rack and go for a short bimble down the motorway.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Owain saying something like:

Superb!

On a rainy day, the windscreen washers could be filled with neat Fairy Liquid and left to do its work.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon