Dust sheets and apprentice

Says he carefully deleting from the quoting where I spelt out what I meant.

Pity that isn't what was being discussed.

Pity that was what was being discussed.

Go and f*ck youself. No please, that't an order.

Reply to
Jock

Of course it is. Apprentices are being trained, they aren't just cheaper labor. That's what labourers are for.

And in this case the specific task is cleaning up after dush sheets have been used.

Bullshit.

The reality is that it is only the dregs of the labour market that become an apprentice now and you are lucky if them even have enough common sense to close the van door without f****ng it completely.

But perfectly possible to train an apprentice on how to clean up when dust sheets are used.

But with an apprentice doing something for the first time, it does make sense to watch how they do it and correct them when they do something stupid like that. That is the whole point of the apprentice system.

Because clearly some are that stupid and even the most stupid can be told how it should be done.

And that always involves cleaning up after doing the work.

The operation he works for is too stupid to even do a minimal check of how stupid applicants are, so the trainer should check that an apprentice is actually not being completely stupid and should tell the apprentice how it should be done and check that the apprentice does actually do what he is told. With both electrical work and cleanup.

It is less clear whether the operation he works for has so few applying to be an apprentice that they have to take what they can get, or are too incompetent to select the better ones.

Reply to
Jock

Unfortunately for you, the potty training seems to have been extended to later years.

Richard

FUCK OFF Rod

Fuck off Rod

Reply to
Richard

Or, as is popular in some charity shops, in 'colour blocks'

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

Not really true in the dust sheet situation.

Yes.

That isn't really true either. It is mostly the dregs of the labour market that end up as apprenticies now and a few who decide that that work is what they want to do.

Not clear how easy it is to sack an apprentice for that reason tho.

Reply to
Jock

Experience of life, coupled with a reasonable degree of intelligence. Training is specific to an occupation.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

I think that might be true of someone brought up with servants, but not otherwise.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

I'd expect a labourer on the national minimum to have the common sense to clean up efficiently.

No that isn't special knowledge. Cleaning up happens in all walks of life and occupations.

Ah, you don't have an argument.

There are lots of occupations lower in status and pay than apprenticeships.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Exactly. This is just the same as the situation in the schools, where the teachers are there to teach yet some kids are sent to school with no knowledge of the basics of civilised life, and thus the teachers have to toilet train them.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

You are gratuitously rude when you're on your keyboard. I bet you don't date be like that face to face.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Which most apprentices don't have much of, particularly with males and dust sheets and cleaning.

Which so many apprentices don't have much of because the individuals who have quite a bit of that now mostly end up not being apprentices and end up as engineers etc instead.

And the occupation of electrician always involves cleaning up.

Reply to
Jock

I doubt most apprentices have ever used a dust sheet at home.

And few male apprentices would have done much cleaning at home either.

The most most of they would have done is washing their car if they have one.

I never washed my used cars at that age.

Reply to
Jock

I wouldn't with males of the age that Adam's apprentices are.

Females, sure.

Yes it is with whether it makes any sense to tip the dust sheet onto the floor and then go and hunt up a broom.

Not so much tho with male apprentices. Few would have done much of that at all, at most washing their car if they have one.

The rest of the post was the argument, f****it.

Irrelevant to who ends up as an apprentice now.

Adam has only ever had one or two who had much of a clue or intelligence.

Reply to
Jock

But the reality is that lots of parents are like that and always have been. so teachers and those who train apprentices have to do that stuff.

Just been reading the memoirs very similar to yours of a yank born just after the war in a very small one industry Pensivania town. His first full time job was cleaning up in the only bakery in town. He had to be told what the job involved.

Reply to
Jock

You have just lost that bet. You can pay using paypal.

And you are never gratuitously rude, eh ?

Reply to
Jock

I win.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

It has long since proven it isn't able to think.

Reply to
Animal

Only in your pathetic little drug crazed drunken narcissistic fantasyland.

Reply to
Jock

Adrian TODD snipped-for-privacy@example.com wrote

Then you need a bra.