TOT meaningless security

When logging into my on-line bank account I'm informed about my last login, presumably as a security measure so that I can contact them if it wasn't me. The only problem it always tells me that my last login was a few seconds ago - the login I'm currently on. :(

Reply to
alan_m

Known as Microsoft Help (oxymoron): perfectly true but totally useless. Had this first with W 3.11 - Alt+Tab On or Off; Help said 'turns Alt+Tab on or off', or similar.

Reply to
PeterC

I would talk to your bank security team about that odd manifestation. It isn't normal. Bank websites are not usually quite that stupid.

It could be an indication of a man-in-the-middle attack where your last logon really was just a few seconds before. My last login is shown correctly as when I last logged in.

Reply to
Martin Brown