Help! How wide are shower hoses?

Quick overview. I live in US but visit my mum in UK every chance I get

Mum lives in very old house with bath but no shower.

I want to put a shower in (cheaply) Can't put an electric shower i without raggeling the walls (bath sits on corner of two exterio walls)

Even a manual shower is complicated by the fact that the taps are no next to a wall but on the open ended side of the bath.

I want to install new taps with showerhead but the standard hose isn' long enough to attach to the side wall. ( I hope this is making sense I think we can overcome this buy replacing the standard hose with a extra long one. I could get one here (in US) but I'm not sure if i will fit. (cm vs inches etc)

Where could I get an extra long shower hose in Britain and what siz are they? I can get a long hose here but it is 1/2 inch wide and screw on. Would this fit in UK?

Hope you can help

Ailee

-- glzgowlass

Reply to
glzgowlass

1/2" BSP threads on ours
Reply to
John Stumbles

I do believe that shower hose connections are the same size both sides of the Atlantic. It has worked for me before, and I hope it will work again, (I just brought an 8" "Pancake" "Perforated Pouring Piece" back from Sears in Chicago, it cost USD 40. £80.00 in UK)

DG.

Reply to
Derek *