Help! How to remove permanent marker from brickwork?

Hi all,

Has anyone got any tips on how to remove permanent marker from (smooth) red bricks? Unfortunately some local miscreants have decided that the world outside my front wall needs to know that '**** was here 2005'.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated to help calm my (currently raging) annoyance.

Sincere thanks,

sky

Just wondering whether or not the ink would be dissolved by acetone?

Marcus

Reply to
Marcus Fox

I have always found that hairspray works well on marker pens, I used to use the V05 pump spray, think it was called mega spray or something.

/Heds

Reply to
Heds

I once had some random obscene (deriding policemen, nothing at all to do with me) graffiti sprayed on my side wall (which is also smooth red bricks) in silver spray paint.I rang my local Council & they advised me of a free Graffiti Buster service they provide & it was sorted 2 days later. I never saw what they did, but I believe it may have been `jetted` off the wall, but I could be wrong. May be worth a try.. Having said that, its generally only if its obscene or racist remarks, but again, it might be worth a go..

Reply to
Carolyn

graffiti

rang my

generally

They probably use graffiti removal spray. I had some graffiti at the local school and the spray I have did not do the job too quickly, so I called in the County lads and they used their graffiti remover and got rid of the lot.

As you say, I would approach the local council and see if they can help remove any marker pen inks that have been used on the wall.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Ethanol/alcohol will certainly remove the ink. I guess it depends on how much the ink has penetrated into the brick + whether you can dab it out. bloody scroats

Reply to
Jonathan Telfer