HELP! How to repair scratched stovetop?

Hi, I accidentally dropped a can of tomatoes on the stove, and it scratched the white enamel leaving pretty visible black marks. I rent an apartment currently, and I *really* don't want to be charged extra for those marks. Is there anything I can do myself to repair/hide them other than painting them over with white paint (which kind of paint? car paint? spray?)

Any advice greatly appreciated! Karen

Reply to
Karen Shaw

are you sure its the coating that came off the stove or is it the metalic color of the can that is over the stove coating??? if the porcelian came off the stove they seel very small bottles of white touch up to fix craced/broken tubs and face bowls that have scratches on them at most harware stores for a few bucks... if it the scratch from the can and you have metalic surface from the can on top of the stove covering then it will come off with some elbow grease and a rag with some metal polish on it....

Reply to
jim

Reply to
Sligo

If you check your phone book for appliance repair shops that sell parts, they should have a special white paint that is used just for such scratches. Use it carefully and sparingly, and it should do a good job of covering the scratch.

Reply to
CAStinneford

Hi,

Small bottles of appliance touch up with the brush in the lid work well....

?R=153&N=959342Includes brush applicator and directions.

For sure see if it is just a scuff mark like Jim was talking about.

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Stove tops are usually porcelain not pained. I have never seen a paint or touch-up which will last on such a surface (for long anyway) without discoloring due to the heat in that area. I don't think you'll be able to do anything besides replacing the top or having it totally reporcelained without making it (possibly much) worse. :(

JMO

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~