HELP! How to repair scra

Hi Karen!

KS> I accidentally dropped a can of tomatoes on the stove, and it KS> scratched the white enamel leaving pretty visible black marks. I rent KS> an apartment currently, and I *really* don't want to be charged extra KS> for those marks. Is there anything I can do myself to repair/hide KS> them other than painting them over with white paint (which kind of KS> paint? car paint? spray?)

Possibly try a scouring powder (Ajax, Bon Ami). Use a damp paper towel folded over several times -- you will rub a hole in the towel. If you need to paint use an appliance paint. This is available in a very small container (about an ounce) at hardware stores.

If you are on good terms with the apartment manager you might want to ask if you would get charged. Most leases have a clause for normal wear and tear.

  • Reviews: "Better than yoghurt" The New York Times.
Reply to
barry martin