Marker on rugs... HELP!?!

I've got a two year old daughter you see... And a house for sale. And... Some cream and white colored carpeting on our second floor. Oh... And a permanent marker on my office desk here at home.

Care to guess the scenario?

Let me save you the trouble... My two year old drew all over the carpeting with the marker tonight and we've got folks coming to look at the house Wednesday. HELP? How do I get this stuff out besides shaving down the fibers in the affected area?

If I can solve this problem, I'll tackle the one where I need to remove the abundant markings all over her body... Right now, they're semi-long-term tattoos.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Joe - VROC #8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com - 973.571.1456 24/7

1988 Toyota Camry LE - loaded except for sunroof, needs work $250.00 (reduced) Old utility trailer - needs work but works - $15.00 (reduced) Wanted: Reliable car in N. Jersey for under $1000 Ask me about "The Ride" on July 31, '04:
Joe Agro

Joe

If it's permenant ink try the following: 1.. Paint Remover

2.. White Spirit 3.. Methylated Spirit 4.. Hydrogen Peroxide

Test each one first to se if there's a reaction. If there is then add a small amount using a dropper or spoon, work it in with the reverse of the spoon and immediately mop it up and dry as much as possible. If none of those work try:

1.. Water 2.. Glycerin (20% solution) 3.. Hydrofluoric Acid (1% mixture) (or acetic acid if unavailable) 4.. Ammonia (20% solution)

Again try a small amount of each before putting a lot on the carpet.

Hope this helps

-- DrClean

The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web

Reply to
DrClean

Thanks for the tips! Amazingly, someone in misc.consumers.frugal.living told me to try hair spray or aerosol air freshener sprayed directly onto the stain. Didn't have hair spray in the house, but the vanilla scented air freshener worked wonders. 95% gone and then I ran out of spray.

...Smells good too. :)

Regards, Joe - VROC #8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com - 973.571.1456 24/7

1988 Toyota Camry LE - loaded except for sunroof, needs work $250.00 (reduced) Old utility trailer - needs work but works - $15.00 (reduced) Wanted: Reliable car in N. Jersey for under $1000 Ask me about "The Ride" on July 31, '04:

semi-long-term

Reply to
Joe Agro

/takes notes

For the tattoos on the tot, you can try baby oil and a few lengthy baths ;-)

BTDT!

Nan

Reply to
Nan

LOL... I think she likes them. The tattoos that is. :)

Regards, Joe - VROC #8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com - 973.571.1456 24/7

1988 Toyota Camry LE - loaded except for sunroof, needs work $250.00 (reduced) Old utility trailer - needs work but works - $15.00 (reduced) Wanted: Reliable car in N. Jersey for under $1000 Ask me about "The Ride" on July 31, '04:
Joe Agro

:-) Okay, let them wear off ;-)

Nan

Reply to