Fridge - Amana ARB2117AC Problems!

Not sure if this is the best newsgroup to ask this question so if you have a better suggestion, I'd LOVE to get it from you.

Having problems with my fridge... Sounds like a fan is trying to turn on and get up to speed, then there is a click and the "humming" goes away. Freezer is defrosted and top portion might be loosing coolness too. Any fridge experts out there? Easy fix?

Professional repair guys can't come before Monday afternoon and I don't feel like either tossing out or cooking all that food!

Joe - V#8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com Northern, NJ Ride a Motorcycle? Ask me about "The Ride"

Born once - Die twice. Born twice - Die only once. Your choice...

Reply to
Joe Agro

Hi,

Kinda -sounds- like the compressor and condensor fan motor are clicking off on the compressors built in safety/thermal switch. if the compressor cannot start ( bad start relay, bad compressor, plugged condensor coils, bad condensor fan motor ) it will try for a few seconds and then shut off.

Might be best to take the food to a neighbours and unplug the refrigerator until it can be looked at.

The compressor should have a min of an 5 year part warranty.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

SNIP some really good sounding info.

That's good news. I'll try to figure out what I have to to take advantage of that today...

You're the man! :)

Reply to
Joe Agro