cabinet to store mops, brooms, etc. - where to buy?

Hi, I'm posting this here since I don't see any newsgroups that pertain to apartment living in general - which would be a good idea. I don't have a dedicated broom/mop closet in my apartment and they're basically leaning against the window in my kitchen, and it looks ugly and unsanitary. I would like to find a small cabinet where I could store them, with enough depth to hold my cannister vacuum as well. The trouble is, the cabinets I've seen at Home Depot or online all have fixed shelves which defeats its ability to store mops, brooms, etc. I know that, as an alternative, I could buy a "mop organizer" but I'd rather have these out of sight than hanging on the kitchen wall "organized." If anyone has found something along the lines of what I'm looking for, please post the URL. Thanks in advance.

for personal replies, email to jeffp at "en why see" dot "ar ar" dot com

Reply to
jeff

I had this dilemma in a tiny apartment years ago. Only I couldn't afford to give up the floor space that such a cabinet would take up. I cleared a corner in the kitchen and hung an organizer. Then I attached a length of fabric using a curtain rod over that, from ceiling to floor. It covered the tools and gave my kitchen the appearance of having an extra window. Barring that, do you have a door you can attach an organizer to the back of?

Nan

Reply to
Nan

Reply to
Phisherman

Hi - no free doors to speak of. One has a shoe organizer, and i really don't want to hang my mop and broom so close to my clean clothes in my other two closets. I'm surprised that something like what I'm looking for isn't freely on the market - it's such a simple and useful idea. Jeff