Where to buy plate heat exchanger etc ?

Getting bored.... so time to play with using my hot tank as a store of therms and run its hot water through a plate heat exchanger heating the rising main as it goes through and on to a shower.....

I have the hot tank, and a spare new pump, so just need the heat exchanger and a flow switch to sense hot water draw off.

Any suggestions for sources of the heat exchangers and are there good and "not-so-good" ones on the market to be avoided ?

Thanks,

Nick

Reply to
nick smith

No bad ones as far as I know.

For plate heat exchagers, try:

GEA ECOFLEX UK Tel.: 01909 551107 FAX : 01909 550885 snipped-for-privacy@gea-ecoflex.com

want a 14 plate brazed plate heat excahnger for thermal store use.

Also:

IMM

Take a look at GEA Ecobraze.

are a Swedish company, with subsidiaries in the UK (phone +44 1909 551 107)

I have one of their heat exchangers in an application isolating a heating circuit for my workshop from the main house circuit, but with the latter providing the heat.

The one that I have is a 24 plate model 18 little larger than a housebrick and will transfer greater than 100kW if required.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

odeID=5532&contentID=27043&languageID=1>

Flow switches:

sell the crydon flow switches, a lot cheaper than DPS, who use the same make.

for plate heat exchangers and flow switches. Phone for a price.

Reply to
IMM

plate one costs ?

Reply to
G&M

The 28 plate was south of £100 last time I looked.

Reply to
IMM

In the £80-100 range.

This is uninsulated.

You can get insulated ones, but I simply made a box from ply lined with Celotex and fitted the exchanger into it.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Thanks - think I'll get one to play with.

Reply to
G&M