Help diagnosing dishwasher

Sorry if this is a bit OT, but I am hoping for a DIY fix.

My Neff S5456 dishwasher has developed a fault where it does not heat the water properly. It heats it a bit, so I don't think it is heater element failure. Before it normally got steamy hot, now it is just warm. Cycle time has become massive (was 80mins now 190mins) and not surprisingly things are still wet at the end, however it does finish the cycle.

I read that sometimes the heater relay gets a dry solder joint causing intermittent heating, but I've had the control unit to bits and it all looks lovely in there. So it's either the heater itself being intermittent or a sensor fault. Any dishwasher experts could advise where to look? I have got exploded diagrams of it off the Bosch spares website (it's a rebadged Bosch really) but there are quite a lot of undescribed sensors on it.

Tim Mitchell

Reply to
timng

Ask at

've had good advice from there and have got parts at decent prices.

Thanks, good link. It appears it has some sort of water level sensor fault, it is heating the water, but sometimes does not have any water in it when it should!

Tim Mitchell

Reply to
timng