Diswasher recommendation?

broke again, twice in 6 years. Its crap. I'm out.

Whats the very best most reliable money no object standard 600mm under counter dishwasher?

Miele don't do one I suppose?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Don't know about Meile.

We got a Bosch some 10 years ago, and it runs twice a day.

We got the base model with fewest features and programs, because we only ever use one program, and the others seemed to be 'fluff'.

Also, spare parts are available. ( I asked for help here recently, and got pointed to the spares website complete with exploded diagrams. )

Works for me.

Reply to
Ron Lowe

I'd recommend Miele (although very expensive). Their unusual cutlery tray (at the very top) is excellent once you've got used to it. Bear in mind (and I expect many are like this now) that the water-inlet valve is at the far (free) end of the hose, and is fairly chunky. Make sure it will fit!

Richard.

reply by email change 'news' to my forename.

Reply to
Richard Russell

Miele have 7 60cm freestanding dishwashers, 6 integrated, and 6 "fully integrated" 60cm dishwashers. The only "undercounter" one I can see is G222Scu

ones with 5 year warranty promotion are here

Owain

The Natural Philosopher coughed up some electrons that declared:

Our Bosch Logixx has been OK, except for a bit of stiffness in the upper arm, which I remided by drilling a couple of lateral jet holes.

What make was yours?

I think your find they do several:

|Can only vouch for their washing machine, fridge and hoover though. You'll find Miele dishwashers in some of the larger Currys and Comets if you want a bit of touchy-feely, and I've had Currys match an internet prices before (their own at some 70 quid less IIRC, on a washing machine and someone else's on a TV).

Good luck

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

We bought a fully integrated Miele 2 years ago. About 650 quid and worth every penny. Built like the proverbial, the cutlery tray is brilliant and at

46dBA, the quietest we could find without spending twice as much on the top-of-the-range Miele.
Reply to
Grant

We have a Bosch, too, same reasoning as you.

Reply to
Huge

I paid £230 for one that's quieter than that. The cutlery basket is a pain though.. having to pick it up and put on the worktop is a pain.

Reply to
dennis

My Miele is coming up to 9 years old. Never had a single service callout, though the dryer fan is sounding a bit rattly so there may be one coming up soon. As Richard says the valve on the end of the inlet hose is a pain, I had to alter the plumbing to accommodate it, and the hose is also less flexible than others on account of the electrical cable it contains, so you need a fairly uncomplicated run from the tap to the machine.

Reply to
pcb1962

Well done. I couldn't find a fully integrated one at the time that was quieter and cheaper. My SIL is on the look out for a new one after her Bosch died - what is the make and model please?

Reply to
Grant

I have a Siemens dishwasher - only 3 year's old so I can't comment about reliability beyond the fact it's not gone wrong. But very quiet - just makes a sort of sloshing noise; pumps virtually silent. Bit like being by the sea :-). And the construction is a league above the Indesit it replaced. Marvellous bit of kit.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Had a twin drawer Fisher and Paykel going now for a couple years. Suits us well coz with two separate drawers it fits in much better with our lifestyle now there's only two of us to fill it, so to speak. Very easy to build in.

They had a bad reputation four or five years ago, especially in the US, but pretty much all the bad reports were from yanks in rented accommodation, which may have had some bearing on the issue.....

Like the Maytag Washing machine, it's *super* quiet; with slightly dulled hearing I often have to ask 'Have you got a machine going?' The boiler is noisier, and that's shut away in a cupboard.

Reply to
The Wanderer

I have a Creda, bought in 1990. Needed a new main motor/pump just after a year (water leaked into the motor bearing and rusted it) which I repaired, but nothing else has gone wrong in the 17 years since then.

Of course, like any machine, reliability of one built 18+ years ago tells you nothing about reliability of today's ones.

Around the family, we've got a couple of IKEA/Whirlpool ones, and a couple of Homark (wish you could still get them). All have been reliable, with minor exceptions of one of the Whirlpools being DOA (service engineer took a look and said it looked like it hadn't got to the end of the production line, and ordered another one), and one of Homarks whose pump out motor siezed after 10 years, but that coincided with a new kitchen, or it would have been repaired.

Did have a Zanussi -- that was a disaster and pretty much had to be on a service contract to keep it working, and to keep applying the manfacturer recall safety fixes. Ditched it when kitchen was refitted, even though it wasn't broken at that instant. There's still a Zanussi washing machine in the family, and although it's reliable, it has a very poorly designed wash sequence compared with the Hotpoints in the family, which are very much better designed.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel