Hello from BT land

Moved into our new house in North Lincs from KCOM land and the village we are in has a WiFi hotspot at £7.99 a day, so got logged in and signed up to Plusnet Fibre at £30.99 pm. Thanks for all of the Broadband ISP pointers last week!

Reply to
swldxer1958

7.99 a day!!!!!!!!!#

tim

Reply to
tim...

I just bought BT's 28 day package for £39 until my Plusnet account is set up.

swldxer1958

£7.99 to tell us that you have moved house?
Reply to
ARW

I had just moved in and wanted a "quick and dirty" connection to get going for one day. Luckily the village has a BT hotspot.

Reply to
swldxer1958

My local MaccyD's has 'free' wi-fi, as does my local pub.

It probably has several, anyone using btinternet and the home hub will be one unless they've turned it off.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It?s fashionable to not use BT or knock it but that can be a useful benefit and is one of the reasons I have stayed with them albeit after doing some negotiation at renewal time . Elderly mother lives in a village with no cell phone signal let alone 3 or

4g, she will not change broadband provider which is one of those once local providers now swallowed up and gets by with whatever small allowance that suits her purposes but costs go right up if the monthly limit is exceeded when she moans like hell. Last year there were several periods I had to either look after her or dog sit for weeks on end,despite that she still started to whinge about ?last time I had big bill? a problem usually caused by my Sister and her children staying. Far easier for me and the missus to stay independent and use the BT signal from one of her neighbours and avoid earache. Doesn?t seem as limited as it used to be, missus and I were both watching live TV for hours on end and or IPlayer Radio for most of the evening with no problems and no timeouts requesting relogin

GH

Reply to
Marland

I can't see too many small villages in N Lincs having McDs

I doubt many still have pubs

tim

Reply to
tim...

I haven't had the pleasure of visiting N Lincs so I wouldn't know. But not many with pubs?

One of the reasons I have disabled WiFi and wireless on my BT Home Hub.

why can't you watch live tv on the .... TV ??

Reply to
Andrew

Well put it this way. Most of the Pilgrim Fathers were from there. Even after they buggered off to America North North Lincs is still a shit hole.

Reply to
ARW

We have this pub.

swldxer1958

Because it was Mothers in her house and her choice of TV revolving around various soaps and other programmes of no interest me meant I could bung on the head phones and use the IPad using the BT WiFi Signal from next door.

GH

Reply to
Marland

Because the internet has a lot more bandwidth than 400MHz of terrestrial or satellite.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Plusnet came online yesterday after a visit from an Openreach engineer, so it took 21 days from ordering it to getting connected. Ta all.

Reply to
swldxer1958