heating problem

Hi, this is the first time I,ve used the site, so please bear with me.
have a problem with the heating system in that when the bolier is on w get both hot water and central heating without any problems, when al the hot water is used up the boiler will not come back on until I tur up the thermostat on the hot water tank. The boiler then lights and w get hot water until it runs out again, I then have to turn up the sta again. Can anyone help please? Mark
-- Mark P
Hi, Hopefully someone maybe able to help me with a problem on th
heating system. The problem is the bolier lights and we get the centra heating working ok along with hot water ok. Once the desired temperature is achieved or the hot water is used up w need to slightly rotate the thermostat on the hot water cylinde clokwise, this then causes the central heating pump to start runnin and the bolier light again, we then get hot water and teh centra heating works fine until it reaches temperature and we have to g through the same process again.Please can anyone help. Thanks, Mark P
-- Mark P
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:14:29 +0100, Mark P wrote:

There is a section in the Main FAQ on heating controls. It's hard to say from the symptom just what is wrong, but the cylinder thermostat itself is likely the major culprit.
Ed Sirett Wrote:

Ed, I will purchase a new one today and give it a try, thank you ver much for the response, it is greatly appreciated, this is the firs time I have used the site. regards mark
-- Mark P
Mark P wrote:

yep, phone a plumber/heating engineer!

Why do you read this group, Gav? You don't appear to approve of DIY...
--
*I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory*

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

i do approve of diy but i don't know what the problem is so i would rather tell the op to go to a guy who can sit infront of the system and see whats going on rather than say the anti wabble valve is stuck in shiznip mode for him to not understand AND it be the wrong thing, he get in a mess and get all mardy like others we know!