Headset to PC converter?

They did earlier today.

If you want me to get it for you email me through the form at wubwubwub stirlingcity co yuk slash contact

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Thanks very much for checking and the kind offer mate.

Daughter has already ordered one of those desktop headphone / speaker switches with mic mute and volume control so with that and the splitter I've ordered, she should be good to go with the new headset she's already got.

She's also thinking of getting a Chromebook for her OU work and I'm guessing a basic headset stands a better chance of working on that than anything requiring drivers (and a USB host port) etc.

Thanks again for the offer though. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I thought you might also have met them with Prestel.

There's a "rogues' gallery" of some of the old ones at

and if you've got the plug too

Robin

Mine is a 95A

Reply to
charles

Actually the Plantronics h/s can be unplugged from its USB adapter to reveal a 4 pole plug, but I don't know whether it's Android compatible.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Ah.

Assuming no electronics in there at that point, I would think it would 'work' (even if it needs a wiring adaptor), it just might not work 'well' (if the mic characteristics aren't optimised for whatever those sorts of devices would prefer).

The wiring splitter should arrive tomorrow so if we test what we have and it's not sufficient, she might be able to take the headset back (Argos) and just get something that is actually 'PC ready' (because of the headphones / speaker switch box she's ordered that I have found to be quicker and easier to 'manage' than any soft controls etc. The Mrs has had one for years and often uses it to let me hear something she's listening to on headphones).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m