TRSS adapter

My Bose Headphones have a standard TRS 3.5mm stero jack.

I would like to use these with my Smartphone .......... unfortunately this uses 3.5mm TRRS .. i.e. an extra ring for the microphone connection. This means that I do not get audio in both ears.

What I need is 3.5 mm TRRS male to 3.5mm TRS female.

Anybody know of one ? ............ I can find the correct gender changes but it also steps down 3.5mm to 2.5mm which is no use.

Tried googling & eBay ... (also tried Bose)

Reply to
Osprey

Why not wire a 4 pole plug to a 3 pole socket. Both are available from Maplin for a few pounds each?

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

Try harder! ;-)

John Rumm

Interesting, all the smartphones I've had with 4 pole sockets have worked properly with a standard heaphone plug. None have been i-anythings though ;p :)

Lee

Reply to
Lee

I dont put adaptors into 3.5mm TRS sockets, they're too fragile. Use a plug, socket and wire.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

I am not after a microphone ...

Thanks for trying though

Reply to
Osprey

When you are listening to music, the microphone is redundant and it just acts as an adaptor for ordinary stereo headphones. (which is what I though you wanted).

The mic allows you to continue wearing said headphones and use them for hands free calling as well.

Reply to
John Rumm