Has anyone got a use for...

Those little net bags with the drawstring neck that are supplied with detergent tablets used in washing machines? I hate wasting anything, I am sure thay must have a use, I just can't think what!

Regards, VivienB

Reply to
VivienB

You can put detergent tablets in them and use them in the washing machine.

:)

sPoNiX

Reply to
sPoNiX

Um, I read in Take A Break that you can fill 'em with odd bits of soap and use them as exfoliators in the shower...

Haven't tried it myself.

We also keep our table-tennis ping-pong balls in them, stop the cats playing with them!

Reply to
xena

Nor can I. I also can't think why they're needed. There have been lots of similar devices over the years, they all pass - but sadly only to be replaced by other gizmos.

We decided not to buy the products which had such useless things. We now use washing powder from Lidl. It has a small, flimsy measuring cup in it which irritates (which of us doesn't have something else we could use?) but at least it's not going to last for long and takes very little making.

Oh - the washing powder works fine by the way, and it's one of the very few things I'm fussy about.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

We too have got hundreds of the things! The kids use them for small toys such as marbles and Robot Wars models, and I once made some kids fishing nets by removing the draw strings and fitting them to bamboo canes with cable ties. I know it wasn't worth it financially, but it saved going into town and trying to find some in the shops!

Reply to
Doctor D

When there was that `Crazy Bones' craze in local schools, my kids told me that you were _no-one_ unless you carried your Crazy Bones in one of those net bags. The craze only lasted a term or two, though.

Reply to
Sam Nelson

We now use

You are allergic to flimsy measuring cups Mary?

T i m ;-)

Reply to
T i m

We tied a few around the best apples, to try and keep the bluetits (and insects) off them.

Reply to
Tony Williams

Oh you can't imagine the reaction ... sweats, hives, swelling, inbility to breathe, fainting ...

:-)

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I've used a crystal glass that came free with a rather fine bottle of Malt. After all, what use is one glass?

I stopped drinking quite a few years ago, so it's lasted quite well. Better than if I'd used it for the intended purpose. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We filled them with bits of bacon fat or bits of fish, tied them to a bit of string and used them for as crabbing lines.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Jones

SWIMBO won a Swiss army knifosaurus off one of the travel mags for her suggestion that you use them for keeping different countries currencys in when traveling (which she does a lot). The mag. printed her suggestion under the title of "Money Laundering"...

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

"VivienB" wrote | Those little net bags with the drawstring neck that are supplied | with detergent tablets used in washing machines? I hate wasting | anything, I am sure thay must have a use, I just can't think what!

I saw some for sale on eBay a short while ago ...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Men - use them as a support for your gonads after a vasectomy -all you need is a piece of string tied around your waist and threaded through the drawstring - don't pull it too tight though or you'll be talking like Joe Pasquale

Reply to
Paper2002AD

Wild bird food for the winter months coming in. These little bags are great for large peanuts and things, and when they're hung up by the draw strings, they'll feed the bird for weeks.

Reply to
BigWallop

I use them. In face most of us do where I work. I am a bus driver and use the bag to keep money in - like a plastic bank bag that banks use for coins, but harder wearing. If you lot don't want them, give them to your local bus driver.

fray bentos

Reply to
Fray Bentos

You know, Owain, you really SHOULD get out more ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Put some exotic smelly girly stuff in them and sell them on ebay. You'll get a small fortune. Trust me.......

MJ

Reply to
MJ

"Mary Fisher" wrote | > | Those little net bags with the drawstring neck that are | > | supplied with detergent tablets ... | > I saw some for sale on eBay a short while ago ... | You know, Owain, you really SHOULD get out more ...

I like looking at eBay. Not that I look at some of the Strange Categories, but if you click on 'view seller's other items' 'tis surprising some of the combinations that come up. Start out by looking at a perfectly sensible set of drain rods and the same person is also offering a consumer unit, a Wedgwood pot, and thigh length stiletto boots - in size 10.

It's like watching a cross between Jerry Springer and bid-upTV.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Miserable sods!