Happy New Year

I'm glad to read that :-)

So that's why the decade starts at 2011.

Thanks

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Surely for each of us that's the year before our first birthday?

Aussie buildings can't decide whether floor numbers start at 0 (UK) or 1 (USA) - the Myer department store has a ground floor, my tower's 'ground' floor is 1.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

The message from Tony Bryer contains these words:

Hmm. That reminds me of the old Prince County Hospital in Summerside, PEI.

Built on a sloping site. Main entrance used to be from the front and approached via a ramp. Entrance floor was level with the ground at the back of hte building and was described as Ground Floor. Below that was the Basement and above it were floors 1, 2 and 3.

Then the hospital was remodelled. The entrance ramp was removed and a new entrance made into what had been the basement.

The floors were then renumbered American-style with the (new) entrance floor being numbered 1, the former Ground floor being renumbered 2, the former First floor being renumbered 3, the former Second floor being renumbered 4 and the former Third floor being renumbered 5.

Sadly, the renumbering did not extend to the lift buttons and indicators :-)

Reply to
Appin