Happy New Year

PRESSURE WASHER.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Is it any good for stripping wallpaper?

Reply to
Bruce

I'm not cutting mine down for anyone :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I've seen them used for stripping Artex ceilings. Maisonettes in S London, council evacuated them because of the scare about asbestos in the Artex. Sent in a team in space suits with a hot water pressure washer.

Worked a treat but caused one hell of a mess.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Not much good for my front bedroom then. :-(

Reply to
Bruce

Trust you. ;-)

Reply to
Bruce

y'know, it probably is!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

at the other end of the scale, I think we got down to -26C/-16F. Nobody does fireworks around here :-(

Reply to
Jules

Gas axe.

Reply to
Jules

The Natural Philosopher wibbled on Friday 01 January 2010 13:30

Gas Axe.

But what I really want is a handheld cutting laser like they had in Mission Impossible (original TV version).

Bugger the Fein if I had one of them!

Reply to
Tim W

Jules wibbled on Friday 01 January 2010 15:56

Clankity-clank go the brass monkeys...

Reply to
Tim W

And thee... inhabitants of this realm.

Reply to
Rod

Indeed. Don't tap 'em until they've warmed up, lest they shatter...

Windchill here just hit -37C a couple of hours ago - not fun stuff to be out in.

Reply to
Jules

If the story is true it's the balls that clank, not the monkeys.

Just on freezing here in Berkshire. Lovely day...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

T-shirt and shorts weather! ;-) We hit -37C here this morning. It's times like that when I miss the UK setup of having the post come through the front door, rather than having to walk down to the mailbox at the end of the drive to get it!

cheers

J.

Reply to
Jules

I was told the other day that the new decade starts in 2011, as you can't have a year zero.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I prefer a 12 inch, better balanced and wider.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Not even with an angle grinder? :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

It will be good for stripping the plaster if the jet hits a crack :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

It does start in 2011.

It isn't a case of you can't have a year zero, it's a slight problem with there not having been one (the Romans didn't have a zero).

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Simpson