greenhouse kick boards

Hi at the bottom of my greenhouse glass panels are kick boards made from some material that is now starting to crumble so I want to replace them. However the manufacturer (Robinson) does not make that type of greenhouse any more and also I cannot get in touch with them. Does anyone know what I could use to replace the old kick boards. They are 2' by 6" by 3mm and where I could I obtain them. I have sent numerous emails to greenhouse suppliers but have had no useful replies. Thanks Jackie

Reply to
Jackie

"Jackie" wrote | Hi at the bottom of my greenhouse glass panels are kick boards made | from some material that is now starting to crumble so I want to | replace them. However the manufacturer (Robinson) does not make that | type of greenhouse any more and also I cannot get in touch with | them. Does anyone know what I could use to replace the old kick | boards. They are 2' by 6" by 3mm and where I could I obtain them. | I have sent numerous emails to greenhouse suppliers but have | had no useful replies.

Something like foamex board used by signmakers might be suitable. As it's intended for exterior use it should be stable in sunlight.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

UV stable plastics, lots to choose from.

Reply to
N. Thornton

Use anything you like when the proprietary parts don't exist. That's usually the reason and the answer.

Cedar T&G or brick will do. Bricks don't need fixing.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil