I don't have any clue of the manufacturer or specific material -- we
inherited them... Which makes it hard. It is a rubber-like material,
and it is flat (no tubes...). In any case I tried my patch
yesterday. I used a bicycle repair kit patch (the largest in the set)
with some glue I picked up at Canadian tire (the back said it was good
for salt water, fresh water aquariums, and was good for any
temperature... Don't remember the name though).
In any case, I washed the panels, and wiped them down as best I
could. I forced some glue down into the hole, coated the panel around
the hole, coated the bottom of the patch, applied the patch, put glue
over the edges of the patch... So hopefully that will hold it. I
also repaired a hole in a connector between two panels, but I don't
think that will hold, as there are tons of cracks in the connector.
I'll replace the connector itself once I get some time to pick a new
one up. I might have made a mistake though by installing it last
night, because while it was 18C (65F), when I was installing it, it
happened to snow last night, and worse, the snow actually stayed...
I'll let you know how it turns out... (it's supposed to be 17 and
Sunny on Thursday again, so I'll be running the panels then...)