Closing Pool for First Time. Solar Cover In or Out?

We are closing our pool for the first time soon. Does anyone have thoughts on just leaving the solar cover in the pool? I am think we should just put the winter cover on over the solar cover. My wife is afraid the chemicals may hurt it. Any thoughts?

BV.

Reply to
Benign Vanilla

Will the pool freeze over in the winter? If so, the ice will do more damage to the solar cover cells than the chemicals.

Reply to
willshak

Don't leave it on over winter, remove & wash thoroughly & store out of sunlight, our first solar cover deteriorated rapidly over the winter, either from the pool chemicals or occasional freezing, our second one has lasted for years since we store it properly in our cool dark basement.

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

Thanks.

Reply to
Benign Vanilla

Always...ALWAYS listen to your wife. She may not be right but you will benefit in other ways.

Reply to
Joe Fabeitz