Pool Solar cover

I have a 15x30 oval above ground pool. Some say to leave the cover off during the day for the heating of the sun and cover at night. Others say the opposite.

Your opinions?

Dave

(To send e-mail, remove NOSPAM from address)

Reply to
Brandystew

You absolutely want to cover the pool at night. Evaporation causes about

1/2 of pool cooling and you want to minimize evaporation during periods where the pool isn't getting an influx of solar heat. During the daytime, the answer may vary depending on conditions.

KB

Reply to
Kyle Boatright

Dave asked:>I have a 15x30 oval above ground pool. Some say to leave the cover off during

What's your locale? How warm do you want it? Is the bottom of your pool very dark for heat absorbtion? If not, then I'm with the others. Except the opposite part. Keep it on all the time you aren't using it, and keep a close eye on the water's condition. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom