'Gotcha' when fitting a gas hob

Hi,

one thing we learned recently when planning our new kitchen:

If the gas hob has the gas connection at the rear, then it will fit directly over a set of drawers and you can have all the drawers functional.

If the connection is to the left or right (or even front, though I find this hard to grasp) then the top drawer has to be a dummy.

To my total lack of surprise none of the hobs I have looked at has the details of where the gas connection is included in the 'blurb'.

Ho hum

Dave R

Reply to
David W.E. Roberts

Think it might also depend on the depth of the hob. Older ones certainly were sometimes too deep to allow a drawer in the normal way. But I'm not sure I'd want a drawer there anyway. Like one under a draining board things will get spilt into in. Only likely to be more nasty to clean up from a hob.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)