B&Q Bathroom Suites

Fitted a B&Q bathroom suite last week, customer bought it, just paid me to fit it.

No fixings for the basin in the box anywhere - you know those half screw/half bolt things with the plastic nuts.

Off I go to B&Q.

"No fixings".

"They should be in the box".

"They aren't - never mind, just tell me where they are & I'll buy a set, I don't have time to argue".

"We don't sell them separately".

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The Ikea syndrome.

Bought a very good value well made computer workstation from them. I couldn't have bought the materials (pine) for what it cost, and it was a perfect fit for the alcove where I wanted it.

On assembly, found the keyboard shelf runners missing. The hardware pack was sealed when I got it as was the main packaging.

Back to Ikea on a Saturday. Only way was to return it and get another. All the world returns stuff to Ikea on a Saturday - it's obviously their only pleasure buying stuff they either don't want or can't afford then returning it. After a two hour queue and the prospect of probably twice that before getting served I went to the warehouse, found another, opened up the packaging and walked out with the hardware pack...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)