Google photos

I just clicked on a link to a photo from Lee Nowell.

This was to a Google Drive photo.

Now it seems that my computer has taken a copy of every video and photo I have taken since 2016 on my mobile phone and I have used up 13.6GB of my available 15GB.

How do I get rid of this? Delete the lot?

All videos are deleted on the phone bar one but are still on Drive.

Such were the days

ARW

I think

Pancho

whenever I delete a photo on my phone, it warns that it will be removed from my google account and all synced devices, doesn't yours ask?

Reply to
Andy Burns

No. A5 2017 Samsung. But the photos go back to the A4 mini.

Reply to
ARW

on phone

Google photos> menu > free up space> backup and sync> turn off.

Reply to
Chris B

I'll have a look.

Reply to
ARW

Only delete the online photos aftert the synch has been switched off. Else deleting online photos with synch on will also delete photos on your device.

Reply to
Pamela

By the way Adam I haven't heard from Andy since the "80%" suggestion. maybe he's RTFM...

Bill

Reply to
williamwright