Going rate for changing a gas hob

Free standing must have a flexible hose, and must also have a stability device. That can be a chain or an anti tip bracket. The purpose of the chain / bracket is to prevent the thing tipping the content of the hob on you if someone stands / falls on the open door etc. Its kind of expected that someone pulling the device out will take enough care not to stress the gas connection in the process.

Reply to
John Rumm

In most cases you have a cupboard below that will allow access. In cases such as yours you use a flexible hose.

Reply to
John Rumm

No oven that could be removed? That's what I did at my mother's house. Two screws and it just slid out.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Strange kitchen.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What is it fitted to? The floor?

Reply to
yendor

No. It's on top of a unit with no front access. I guess we could dismantle it, but I'd rather not. If the fitter can do everything from above that would be easiest.

Reply to
Mark