Glow worm 80E Lockout - Help!

Hi

After removing a radiator and capping the ends, I have a prob on my combi Glow worm 80e boiler.

The boiler sounds like its starting when you open a tap, but then after about 10secs, the lockout light comes on.

I drained the CH system before I removed the rad and afterwards,I bled all the rads and refilled the system thru the filling loop.The pressure is 2.5 on the boiler.

Surely , this is an air/pressure issue? , but I cant find any answers.

Many thanks to anyone who can help

Reply to
heinzy

Did you also bleed the boiler pipework? If the boiler is above the height of the radiators, then the plumber must have given a point on the pipework at the boiler to bleed up to above the boiler heat exchange unit.

Reply to
BigWallop

See the Sealed CH FAQ.

Most likely the auto air vent in the boiler is closed or defective. If you get that to work then the pressure may come down to something more reasonable.

Reply to
Ed Sirett