boiler ferroli modena 80e combi

A friend asked me to post. ferroli modena 80e combi

he had a cold radiator, so bled it, this worked ok and the rad worked, however he noticed that the pressure had dropped in what I take it is a closed loop. He then attached a pipe to add more water to the system, but now finds there is too much in there. I think he said it should be 1 bar? anyway, how does he reduce this? if he has to drain some of the water, how does he do this. cheers Coach

Reply to
Coach

Should be typically 1 bar when cold and no more than say 2.5 bar when at max temperature. At 3 bar, a pressure relief valve should operate. So what is it's hot and cold pressure ratings?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I will find out, how do you reduce the pressure though, should it be too high cheers

Reply to
Coach

Drain off through a radiator bleed valve or a drain valve. Don't release it out of the pressure relief valve -- that can cause dirt to get stuck in the valve and cause it to continue leaking afterwards.

I am wondering if your pressure vessel might have failed, but you haven't posted enough info to tell, i.e. what both the hot and cold system pressures are. It might be that the radiator full of air was acting as the system pressure vessel in liu of the real one having failed.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel