Topping up system pressure on Ferroli combi

Hi

Just bought my first house 8 days ago. It has a Ferroli 77 FF Combi Boiler which worked fine for 7 days. Then the hot water tap gave only cold water, followed by the pilot going out. I followed the instructions to relight the pilot but it does nothing not even a spark. The system pressure looks to be below 1.0 bar and a call to a plumber suggested I top up the system water but he could give me no details as he was not aware of Ferroli boilers.

Anybody out there know what to do to top up the system. There are 3 pipes entering from underneath to the left; gas, hot water out, cold water in. and 2 entering to the right CH in, CH out and also a much thinner copper pipe. I can find no tap on the thin pipe and don't think it has anything to do with the other 5 pipes.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help

Fruitbat

Reply to
Nigel

You are looking for a "filling loop". If the installer had half a brain then it will hopefully be somewhere close enough to see the pressure guage when using it!

Typically a filling loop will be a short length (18") of braided flexible hose that connects between one of the heating circuit pipes (typically the return) and the mains cold water. There should be a small tap on one end like that found on a washing machine hose. To meet current regulations the hose should be removable - although the likelihood of anyone actually having removing it are slim!

Reply to
John Rumm

See below.

Reply to