Glow Worm Boiler Problem

Hi

I have a Glow Worm Combi Boiler, model 23C. Since last night I have had water leaking from underneath the boiler. On closer inspection, and using the diagrams in the manual, I have discovered that the water is coming out of the Reduced Pressure Zone (RPZ) valve. Can somebody explain to me the purpose of this valve? Also, does this fault indicate a problem with the valve itself or another problem elsewhere in the boiler?

If I open the filling tap of the boiler and refill the system this leak stops. The boiler and therefore the central heating and/or the hot water will work fine. However, after a while (I think it may be once the system starts cooling down again), the water starts dripping out of the bottom again.

Thanks Paul

Reply to
Paul S

The term is not one that is typically used to describe any familiar boiler component.

I'd hazard a guess that it just might be the pressure releif valve, but with the manual and seeing what it connected to I'm only guessing.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Don't know if helps but the manual for the boiler can be found here.

diagram I was referring to is on page 39 (diagram 18.13)

Assuming it is a pressure relief valve, is it possible to diagnose what the fault may be?

Thanks for any help

Paul

Reply to
Paul S