Gas Hob Ignition Not-Stopping

Hi all,

My girlfriend has managed to get the ignition to continuely spark on the gas hob.

I am at a total loss as to what the problem could be, I thought it initially might have been the button jammed in, but I have done everything to the switch bar rip it out of its socket.

There is no isolater switch to individually turn the cooker off so I have had to kill the electrics at the main fusebox while I went to work.

My question is: has anyone else here experienced the same problem before? If so is there a simple solution that does not involve an expensive electrician, a battery change perhaps, providing that I can somehow remove the cooker?

Or is this a symptom of a hob going on the "blink" that only a manufacturer can fix? Or that a brand new one will need to be bought?

Many thanks

Alastair

Reply to
Alastair

It depends on the design, but on many you can unscrew the 'spark' button and pull it out, revealing a fuse and/or mechanism which should be replaceable.

Reply to
jg374

Well forget the sparking problem and solve the no isolator problem first. Cookers require to be controlled by a local switch.

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander

Over zealous splashing around of water whilst cleaning it? In which case it should sort itself out in a day or so.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

I have a relative who is an electrician who is due down later who should be able to do this hopefully.

Reply to
Alastair

I suspect that might be the issue, I will post more details regarding what happens when I find out.

Thanks for all the replies

Reply to
Alastair

Well would you credit it....

The bloody thing has apparently dried out and is now functioning as normal.

Thanks again

Reply to
Alastair

On 15 Feb 2007 07:49:42 -0800 someone who may be "Alastair" wrote this:-

There should be. Get one fitted.

Reply to
David Hansen