Gadget of the year

Tim Lamb explained on 20/12/2007 :

Boyes I think they are called, in Whitby.

No messing about with level bubbles, just get the head near enough so that the plumb bob inside with the laser attached hangs freely and turn it on.

I must admit I had thought it would be complete rubbish, but it is spot on and surprisingly useful/easy to use. I even used it to produce levels for my garage extension of last year.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Bahco slip joint pliers actually grip the hex parallel when closed, quality alloys and castings means they are nice and narrow and fit into spaces, at a good price:

adjustables really are the best, what if battery runs out when clamped on with B&D, bit like unreversible ratchet ring wrenches. Electric shifter looks like succesor to the cold soldering iron...

Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby