Fuse for 4 x 35W Halogen

I have a B&Q 4x35w 12v halogen spotlight fitting, which has blown the

20mm fuse housed next to the transformer.

The fuse is marked "5S10A250V" - for which Google offers three useless links - two to pages at Maplin which don't seem to have anything matching, and one to a page with hundreds of codes listed (but no links).

250V is obvious. But 10A surely cannot mean 10 Amps - that would be 2300W at 230V.

Can anyone decode this into a meangingful specification? If not, can you help me work this out from scratch - fast or slow acting? And what amperage I should be looking for?

Thanks

John Geddes Derbyshire

Reply to
john

Answering my own question - further examination makes suspect that the fuse is in fact on the 12v side of the transformer - which would of course explain the 10A.

But would one fit a 250v fuse for a 12v supply? And my need to know fast-acting or slow-acting remains.

John Geddes

Reply to
john

The voltage is the maximum working voltage, so less doesn't matter. S probably stands for slow blow. Most commonly available will be T for time delay, which should be ok.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)