Where to buy 35w GU10 halogen bulbs?

Hello,

Where on-line can people recommend to buy 35w GU10 bulbs from? I need 10. Just looked at screwfix but £2.80 each seems expensive.

Many thanks,

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

try

Hello,>

Reply to
burbeck

Toolstation sell them for =A31.80 each (inc. delivery):

Mathew J. Newton

A Google for `35w GU10` throws up a site (3rd one down, Alertelectrical) with 10 bulbs for £17.18 inc Vat, but I guess you want to be able to walk into somewhere and buy them over the counter? Don`t know how long the delivery on this site will be but it looks the cheapest option to me...

Reply to
Carolyn

Thanks for the suggestions - Toolstation looks good as delivery is included in the price, the other one (Alert Electrical) add £5 delivery on which makes them a bit more expensive.

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

bulbs for

over

From my experience with mains halogen the bulbs usually supplied with fittings, the slightly less expensive units from Screwstation etc. and anything from the sheds have short lives.

Make sure the ones you buy are branded (I've had no problem with OSRAM).

Some day I hope trading standards will evaluate some of the '1500 hour life' claims from the 'cheaper' suppliers.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

This probably explains why in the sheds it is cheaper to buy a fitting with a bulb than a replacement bulb (certainly if you buy 4 bulb fittings).

Reply to
Nick Atty