FRont door fitting cost

Hi there,

Rough price for a carpenter to fit a door in London?

I need a new front door fitted (in a flat so the actual door does not get wet). I purchased a Wickes Door (pre glazed and stained) and a Yale lock pack (key latch lock, mortise lock, hinges and chain). I have all the bits ready (letter box, numbers, peep hole).

Originally I was told that it would be half a day work at £180. But at last minute I am told the job would take a day (doubling the price).

Is this going rate- about £180 to do a front door?

Thanks

Reply to
David Smithz

I'm not in London so my prices are lower. I'd reckon half a day, but it could take longer if I hit any snags. Here in Kent I charge £100 for a half day or £160 for a full day. Maybe I'm too cheap?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman